How to Select the Best Handyman Service near Wentzville Missouri
Hiring a handyman near Wentzville MO can be an affordable alternative to completing a number of home repair or improvement projects yourself that you have been avoiding. With overwhelming work and family responsibilities, it can often be impossible to complete your list of home repairs, which can have a negative impact on home maintenance. A Wentzville handyman is typically less expensive than licensed contractors who specialize in one area exclusively, such as carpenters or painters. And with their extensive and broad experience, they can help you avoid making mistakes when installing a water heater, replacing a faucet, or putting in kitchen tiling yourself. There is nothing more frustrating than having to find someone to re-do the job after you have made a mess of it! Also, it can end up being more costly than if you had hired a professional to begin with. So, if you are thinking of doing some home improvements or repairing something either in the house or outdoors, consider the advantages of hiring a experienced handyman instead.
Why Hire a Handyman Instead?
Sometimes it is best to leave it to the experts when considering home maintenance or repair. A qualified and experienced Wentzville MO handyman can not only get the job done fast but do it right the first time, saving you frustration and time for other obligations. But what are the benefits of hiring a handyman compared to other options, such as hiring a plumber or an electrician. Let’s take a look at some of the main reasons that it makes sense to utilize handyman services for your next home project.
- Charge by the hour. Most handymen in Wentzville MO charge by the hour and not by the job. This means that you only pay for the time spent doing actual work and not pre-set service charges plus additional costs that could far exceed what a handyman charges. They also tend to have lower overhead and no employees, so they can charge less than a typical plumber or electrician.
- Can handle several projects. Perhaps you have a faucet that needs replacing, an outlet that needs to be changed out, and a bedroom that needs to be painted. Instead of trying to find and coordinate with a reliable Wentzville MO plumber, electrician and painter, an experienced handyman can handle all of those projects.
- Save money on materials. When you hire a contractor, generally they supply the materials at a mark-up. When working with a handyman, you supply the materials, saving you money. And often an experienced handyman has connections that they have established with Wentzville MO vendors offering them discounts that they can pass on to their customers.
- The Go-To person for all home repair projects. The great thing about having the phone number for an experienced Wentzville MO professional handyman is that you don’t have to think about who to call when the toilet leaks or the ceiling fan stops working. You just call your guy (or gal) and they come over and take care of the problem. And if the job is a little more involved than they can handle, they can usually recommend a “specialist” to take care of your more advanced plumbing, electrical or HVAC needs.
Is Hiring a Handyman the Right Choice For You?
We all have home repair or replacement projects that we keep putting off that a qualified Wentzville MO handyman could take care of quickly and at a cost that is very reasonable and affordable. So you no doubt agree that its more cost effective to have the project done once and right the first time by hiring a seasoned pro. Many handymen are skilled in several areas such as:
- Door repair and installation
- Drywall repair and installation
- Painting and Plastering
- Window repair or replacement
- Minor plumbing or electrical services
- Carpentry or Roof repair
- Flooring installation and repair
- Any general home repair, replacement or improvement
Steps to Hiring a Handyman
Being comfortable with and having confidence in your Wentzville MO handyman is extremely important, especially since they are working in your home. The last thing that you want to do is hire someone who does not have the skills required to complete the project or that will charge you more than the agreed upon price. So be sure to do your due diligence and follow these hiring guidelines when selecting and hiring your handyman.
- Interview several prospects. As the song goes, you better shop around. Be sure to speak with 3 or 4 candidates before making a selection. Referral services, such as the one recommended on this website, can do the groundwork for you by providing pre-screened Wentzville MO handymen. Be sure to ask about their experience, areas of expertise and rates.
- Clearly define the project. Make sure your prospective handyman understands the scope and all details of the project. It is important to make sure that it is within the range of his or her expertise and experience and not more appropriate for a licensed Wentzville MO contractor.
- Ask for references. Get references from recent Wentzville MO customers who have used the handyman’s services, for similar projects if available. Ask if they were completely satisfied with the work performed as well as the cost of services. Also ask if they would hire the handyman again for future projects.
- Get Agreement and Guarantee in writing. Make sure the terms are spelled out in writing, to include all fees involved and any guarantees for workmanship. Since you are paying by the hour it is not as critical to get the exact project cost up front, especially for small jobs. But there needs to be a formal understanding regarding hourly rate and if the Wentzville MO handyman stands behind his work. And for longer projects, a start and completion date, along with estimated billed hours should be spelled out in writing before work begins.
Free Estimates Top Handyman Companies Wentzville MO
Looking for professional handyman contractors in Wentzville MO is easy. Just request free quotes now. There is no obligation to receive free quotes from some of the best qualified handymen operating in your location. Your originally came to our website due to an interest in Free Estimates Top Handyman Companies and wanting more information on the topic How to Find Reliable Handyman Companies. So why delay any longer? Take care of your Honey Do List and find a top professional at the right price now!
Other Missouri Handy Locations
Wentzville is a suburb of St. Louis that is located in western St. Charles County, Missouri, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city had a total population of 29,070. Population estimates in 2018 have placed the city's population at 41,164, making it the 16th largest city in Missouri. Wentzville was the fastest growing city in Missouri between 2000 and 2010 by percentage increased, and population estimates since 2010 indicate that Wentzville is on track to continue as the state's fastest growing city for a second consecutive decade. As the site of the Rotary Park, Wentzville is host to the St. Charles County Fair and the St. Louis Renaissance Festival.
Wentzville was laid out in 1855. The community has the name of the chief engineer of the Northern Missouri Railroad Erasmus Livingston Wentz. A post office called Wentzville has been in operation since 1859.
Wentzville is the location of the first Vietnam Veterans Memorial in the United States. It began as a tree of lights to help raise money in 1967 to send gifts to active servicemen, but later evolved by 1984 to a carved eagle atop a pillar of granite. It has become a regular stop in the national "Run for the Wall" trip for veterans.