How to Select the Right Handyman Repair Service near Newton Alabama
Finding a handyman near Newton AL can be a cheaper alternative to completing a number of home repair or improvement tasks yourself that you have been putting off. With overwhelming family and work responsibilities, it may be difficult to work on your list of home repairs, which can have a negative impact on home maintenance. A Newton handyman is usually less expensive than licensed contractors who work in one area exclusively, such as plumbers or electricians. And with their broad and extensive experience, they can help you avoid making mistakes when installing a washing machine, replacing a faucet, or putting in kitchen tiling yourself. There is nothing more annoying than having to hire someone to do the job correctly after you have done it very badly! Also, it can end up being more costly than if you had hired a professional to begin with. So, if you are planning on doing some home improvements or fixing something either in the house or outdoors, consider the advantages of hiring a qualified handyman instead.
Why Hire a Handyman Instead?
Sometimes it is best to leave it to the experts when considering home maintenance or repair. A qualified and experienced Newton AL handyman can not only get the job done fast but do it right the first time, saving you frustration and time for other obligations. But what are the benefits of hiring a handyman compared to other options, such as hiring a plumber or an electrician. Let’s take a look at some of the main reasons that it makes sense to utilize handyman services for your next home project.
- Charge by the hour. Most handymen in Newton AL charge by the hour and not by the job. This means that you only pay for the time spent doing actual work and not pre-set service charges plus additional costs that could far exceed what a handyman charges. They also tend to have lower overhead and no employees, so they can charge less than a typical plumber or electrician.
- Can handle several projects. Perhaps you have a faucet that needs replacing, an outlet that needs to be changed out, and a bedroom that needs to be painted. Instead of trying to find and coordinate with a reliable Newton AL plumber, electrician and painter, an experienced handyman can handle all of those projects.
- Save money on materials. When you hire a contractor, generally they supply the materials at a mark-up. When working with a handyman, you supply the materials, saving you money. And often an experienced handyman has connections that they have established with Newton AL vendors offering them discounts that they can pass on to their customers.
- The Go-To person for all home repair projects. The great thing about having the phone number for an experienced Newton AL professional handyman is that you don’t have to think about who to call when the toilet leaks or the ceiling fan stops working. You just call your guy (or gal) and they come over and take care of the problem. And if the job is a little more involved than they can handle, they can usually recommend a “specialist” to take care of your more advanced plumbing, electrical or HVAC needs.
Is Hiring a Handyman the Right Choice For You?
We all have home repair or replacement projects that we keep putting off that a qualified Newton AL handyman could take care of quickly and at a cost that is very reasonable and affordable. So you no doubt agree that its more cost effective to have the project done once and right the first time by hiring a seasoned pro. Many handymen are skilled in several areas such as:
- Door repair and installation
- Drywall repair and installation
- Painting and Plastering
- Window repair or replacement
- Minor plumbing or electrical services
- Carpentry or Roof repair
- Flooring installation and repair
- Any general home repair, replacement or improvement
Steps to Hiring a Handyman
Being comfortable with and having confidence in your Newton AL handyman is extremely important, especially since they are working in your home. The last thing that you want to do is hire someone who does not have the skills required to complete the project or that will charge you more than the agreed upon price. So be sure to do your due diligence and follow these hiring guidelines when selecting and hiring your handyman.
- Interview several prospects. As the song goes, you better shop around. Be sure to speak with 3 or 4 candidates before making a selection. Referral services, such as the one recommended on this website, can do the groundwork for you by providing pre-screened Newton AL handymen. Be sure to ask about their experience, areas of expertise and rates.
- Clearly define the project. Make sure your prospective handyman understands the scope and all details of the project. It is important to make sure that it is within the range of his or her expertise and experience and not more appropriate for a licensed Newton AL contractor.
- Ask for references. Get references from recent Newton AL customers who have used the handyman’s services, for similar projects if available. Ask if they were completely satisfied with the work performed as well as the cost of services. Also ask if they would hire the handyman again for future projects.
- Get Agreement and Guarantee in writing. Make sure the terms are spelled out in writing, to include all fees involved and any guarantees for workmanship. Since you are paying by the hour it is not as critical to get the exact project cost up front, especially for small jobs. But there needs to be a formal understanding regarding hourly rate and if the Newton AL handyman stands behind his work. And for longer projects, a start and completion date, along with estimated billed hours should be spelled out in writing before work begins.
Handyman Construction Newton AL
Finding the best handyman services in Newton AL is no longer a problem. Just get your free estimates now. There is no commitment to obtain free proposals from some of the top licensed contractors operating in your area. Your originally came to our website due to an interest in Handyman Construction and wanting more information on the topic Find Reliable Handyman Contractors. So what are you waiting for? Take care of those put off projects and find a top professional at the right price today!
Other Alabama Handy Locations
Cameron Jerrell Newton (born May 11, 1989) is an American football quarterback who is a free agent. After starting his college football career as a backup to Tim Tebow at Florida, Newton transferred to Blinn College. He then joined Auburn, where he won the BCS National Championship and Heisman Trophy in 2010. Newton was then drafted as the first overall pick by the Carolina Panthers in the 2011 NFL Draft.
In his rookie year, Newton broke all-time NFL rookie records for passing and rushing yards by a quarterback. He became the first NFL quarterback to throw for 400 yards in his first game, shattering Peyton Manning's record by 120 yards. He also broke Otto Graham's 61-year-old record for passing yards by any quarterback in an NFL debut. Newton went on to become the first rookie quarterback to throw for 4,000 yards in a season. He also ran for 14 touchdowns, more in a single season than any other quarterback in NFL history, breaking Steve Grogan's 35-year-old record.
Newton capped off the 2015 season by capturing AP NFL MVP honors and leading the Panthers to a 15–1 record and a trip to Super Bowl 50. Newton, along with Steve McNair, became just the second African-American quarterback to win NFL MVP. Over the next several seasons Newton dealt with numerous injuries, and following the 2019 season was released by the Panthers.